Starting yesterday, January 15, 42 custom creations from the Monster Garage TV series went under the hammer at the Barrett-Jackson auction house in Scottsdale, Arizona. Of the lot, some of the more baller whips included:
- the Ultimate Escalade Tailgater with a big screen TV, grill, drink dispenser and sound system loud enough to drown out the cheers of opposing fan (pictured above);
- the Folsom Prison Low Rider, a 1969 Chevy Impala built by a team made up from a select group of Folsom State Prison inmates;
- the Cool Caddy Daddy put together by Jesse James and six legendary customizers, including Darrel Starbird; and
- “The Flying Car,” a 2004 Panoz Esperante by James, which actually saw some air time.
Some of the stranger creations on the block were:
- a 1981 Ferrari 308 GTS “Pasta Maker,
- a 1969 Rolls-Royce “Sewage Sucker,” and
- a 2002 PT Cruiser “Wood Chipper.”
The “Pasta Maker”
Autoblog has compiled a comprehensive gallery of the complete lot. To check it out click here.